- Papa Al’s A Family Business Is A Family Favorite
- Business Buzz: Labels Plus Tags Opens In Sandy Hook
- Bus Talks Lead To FOI Concerns
- Legion Baseball Tryouts
- Newtown United Soccer Team Captures U11 Championship With Win Over New Canaan
- Grant Awarded To Hire Dislocated Workers For Sandy Recovery
- Newtown Unit Of The Salvation Army In Need Of Bell Ringers
Oh, for the good old days when people would stop Christmas shopping when they ran out of money.
But it is a cold, lifeless business when you go to the shops to buy something, which does not represent your life and talent, but a goldsmith’s.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
On the one hand, shopping is dependable: You can do it alone, if you lose your heart to something that is wrong for you, you can return it; it’s instant gratification and yet something you buy may well last for years.
The only reason a great many American families don’t own an elephant is that they have never been offered an elephant for a dollar down and easy weekly payments.
I went to a general store but they wouldn’t let me buy anything specific.
A bargain is something you can’t use at a price you can’t resist.
-Franklin P. Jones
Buying something on sale is a very special feeling. In fact, the less I pay for something, the more it is worth to me. I have a dress that I paid so little for that I am afraid to wear it. I could spill something on it, and then how would I replace it for that amount of money?
People will buy anything that is one to a customer.
A consumer is a shopper who is sore about something.
If men liked shopping, they’d call it research.
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.