Full listing of public events planned for the historic building at 45 Main Street, Newtown....Read Full Article
- What's At Edmond Town Hall (full listing including movie listings and special events)
- June 22-28, 2018: "Black Panther" and "Jaws"
- June 15-21, 2018: "Dance Fantasy: The Show," "I Feel Pretty," Brainstorm Experience with Jane Pauley and Longest Day/Newtown Bridge Club Fundraiser
- June 8-14, 2018: One-Act Plays Festival, "Evolved" Dance Recitals, NCCB Spring Recitals and "Lady Bird"
- June 1-7, 2018: Lathrop School of Dance Stardust Revue, Rabies Clinic, #WearOrange March & Rally and "Molly's Game"
- May 25-31, 2018: "Game Night," Senior Center Mural Workshops and "The Maltese Falcon"
- May 18-23, 2018: "I Can Only Imagine" and "The Post"
Friday, October 27 (ETH Theatre): 7 pm, The Rooster Film Festival, $3, inaugural film festival will offer seven short films and one full feature, hosted by Newtown Cultural Arts Commission, a 2017 Newtown Arts Festival event, proceeds to benefit town hall renovations; newtownartsfestival.com.
* * * * *
DRUM CONCERT WITH RAY SCALZO
Friday, October 27 (Alexandria Room): 7 pm (doors open at 5), tickets $7, performance by former Siddhartha drummer who performs unique variety of classical, rock, country, rock, jazz and original compositions, food available for purchase (light fare menu); edmondtownhall.org.
NOTE ticket prices have been reduced from their original cost.
* * * * *
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 28
Rated PG * running time 1:43
*Free small popcorn for all attendees in costume*
Special 1 pm screening
Starring Jack Black, Dylan Minnette, Odeya Rush & Ryan Lee
A teenager (Minnette) teams up with the daughter (Rush) of the young adult author R.L. Stine (Black) after the writer’s imaginary demons are set free on the town of Madison, Del.
* * * * *
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 28-FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 3
Rated R * running time 1:49
($2 for senior citizens at Tuesday matinee)
Screenings Saturday and Friday, 7 & 9:15 pm; Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, 7 pm;
matinees Saturday, 4 pm; Tuesday, 1 pm
Starring Anthony LaPaglia, Samara Lee & Miranda Otto
Twelve years after the death of their 7-year-old daughter, a former toy maker (LaPaglia) and his wife (Otto) welcome a nun and six orphaned girls into their home. Terror soon strikes when one child sneaks into a forbidden room and finds a seemingly innocent doll, created by the toymaker and named for his dead daughter, that appears to have a life of its own.
* * * * *
SOMEDAY CINEMA SERIES:
VERTIGO and HIGH ANXIETY
Sunday, October 29 (ETH Theatre): 1 and 7 pm, $3, screenings of Vertigo, Alfred Hitchcock’s 1958 romantic story of obsession, manipulation and fear starring James Stewart and Kim Novak (rated PG, running time 2:09), will continue Newtown Cultural Arts Commission’s ongoing Someday Cinema Series;
AND 4 pm, also $3, screening of High Anxiety, Mel Brooks’s 1977 mock thriller/mystery that spoofs many films, including Vertigo (rated PG, running time 1:34), also continues Newtown Cultural Arts Commission’s Someday Cinema Series.
Read more here: Someday Cinema Series Will Present ‘Vertigo’ And ‘High Anxiety’