- Reed Hosts ‘TAGtivities’ To Offer New Lessons For Students
- Newtown Continuing Education Classes Available
- BOE Celebrates Unified Sports Leaders
- NHS Marching Nighthawks National Champs
- Newtown High School Fall Drama Being Staged This Weekend At Reed
- Fraser Woods Montessori School Hosts Annual Fall Family Festival
- Newtown Schools Honor Veterans
Newtown Middle School hosted its annual Student Showcase on April 25. For the evening event, student works of art were on display and many demonstrations were offered to highlight student creativity and gifts.
The event ran for an hour and guests were invited to walk through the school to see artwork on the walls or set up on display. Musical performances by the school’s Chamber Orchestra, Jazz Improv Club, and Jazz Band were held in the school’s auditorium.
Areas of the school were also open for students and family members to wander through to see examples of student lessons and projects. The physical education department also offered “Family Fun Night” activities in the school’s gymnasium, and the Technology Education room was open with student projects on display.
NMS art teachers Leigh Anne Coles and Kristen Ladue said they finished installing the projects for display earlier in the day with the help of volunteers.
“We were really impressed with the [students’] work this year; really high quality,” said Ms Coles.
Both Ms Coles and Ms Ladue said their art students were up to challenges this year and responded well as the teachers pushed them to try new things.
“I think they did really well,” said Ms Ladue.