- Newtown Elementary Schools Celebrate Literacy
- Newtown Continuing Education Classes Available
- Newtown Immaculate High School Student Earns National Scholastic Award
- Newtown Public Schools Announce Spring Concerts And Events
- Superintendent To Hold Open Hour For Budget Discussion With Public Monday
- New Kindergarten And First Grade Math Curriculum For Newtown Students
- Newtown’s PTA Reflections Program Winners Recognized At Schools
The Newtown Middle School and Reed Intermediate School PTAs will host a community presentation for parents and guardians on internet safety on October 19, at RIS, 3 Trades Lane, from 7 to 8:30 pm.
The presentation will be shared by Scott Driscoll of Internet Safety Concepts.
The event will also be open to high school-aged students from the community. The content will be age-appropriate. Parents are advised that children younger than high school age should not attend.
Mr Driscoll will discuss current online trends and potential internet and social media dangers, along with creating a positive digital footprint and strategies for keeping families safe using technology. This presentation will complement school assemblies at RIS and NMS for fifth to eighth grade students, scheduled for October 13. The school presentations are also funded by the PTAs.