- New Hertberg Family Foundation Scholarship
- Housatonic Valley Waldorf School Hosts Free Puppet Show
- School Board Hears Report On Student Test Data
- Public School Budgets Reviewed During Two Board Of Education Workshops
- Newtown Public Schools Closed Wednesday
- Fraser Woods Montessori School Donates Books To C.H. Booth And Other Local Libraries
- BOE Hears Proposed District Spending Plan
The Newtown Middle School and Reed Intermediate School PTAs will host a community presentation for parents and guardians on internet safety on October 19, at RIS, 3 Trades Lane, from 7 to 8:30 pm.
The presentation will be shared by Scott Driscoll of Internet Safety Concepts.
The event will also be open to high school-aged students from the community. The content will be age-appropriate. Parents are advised that children younger than high school age should not attend.
Mr Driscoll will discuss current online trends and potential internet and social media dangers, along with creating a positive digital footprint and strategies for keeping families safe using technology. This presentation will complement school assemblies at RIS and NMS for fifth to eighth grade students, scheduled for October 13. The school presentations are also funded by the PTAs.