- Vanessa Trien Keeps Children On Their Feet
- Students Reunite With Didi Maa During Newtown Visit
- ‘The Dogs Of Camelot’ Brings Readers Into The World Of The Kennedy Canines
- Community Center On Track For 2019 Opening Despite Tight Budget
- Officials: Pootatuck Debris ‘Cloud’ Was Not Toxic
- Rising Steel Begins Defining Shape Of Community Center
- Newtown Continuing Education’s SMART Camp Begins
Newtown High School’s girls’ swimmers participated in the State Open, at Yale University in New Haven, on November 18. The Nighthawks scored 68 points to place 22nd among 54 Connecticut teams; Greenwich, with a score of 633.5, was first.
Mary Hufziger led the way for the Nighthawks, placing fourth in the 100 yard freestyle event, in a time of 52.33 for 25 points.
Hufziger also placed 10th in the 100 backstroke race, making her final touch in 59.07 for 17 points.
Newtown’s 200 yard medley relay team of Hufziger, Maddie Carter, Olivia Renkert, and Caroline Mahoney, was 14th in 1:52.81 for 26 points.