- Tribe Mud For Brains Powers Through Tough Mudder To Benefit Avielle Foundation
- Daniel Barden Mudfest Brings Community Together, Year After Year
- One Eyed Cats Win Another State Title
- Fencer Elliot Siegel Foils The Competition In National Tourney
- Father-Son Tandem Helps Lacrosse Team To Title Game
- Swinging For State Tournament Success — Admirals Head Into Playoffs On High Note
- Youth Football Players Get Taste Of Life On The Blue & Gold Stadium Gridiron
Newtown High School’s wrestling team, despite being shorthanded because of team members who stayed behind due to illness, captured third place in the Lowell Holiday Tournament, in Lowell, Mass., December 27 and 28. The tourney featured 76 teams. Mt Anthony won the competition with 222 points, Timberlane was second with 204, and the Nighthawks were next with 138 points.
Ed Lovely (145 pound weight division) and Joe Accousti (170) both won championships, posting 6-0 records. Tom Long was third in the 220 division, and Aaron Occhipinti placed eighth.