- Winner Of Reusable Bag Contest To Be Announced During 'In The Bag' Opening Reception
- Motorcyclists Planning Annual Ride To Honor 9/11, First Responders
- Darien Choose Love Day To Feature Fundraiser For Jesse Lewis Movement
- Asbury To Be Guest Artist For Next SCAN Program
- Town Players To Host ‘Dancing At Lughnasa’ Auditions
- Residents Invited To Celebrate Birthday Of Newtown Benefactress
- Choral Society To Begin Rehearsals, Invites New Members
The Newtown International Center for Education (NICE) in conjunction with the Newtown Public Schools district is hosting a delegation of students and teachers from Spain from March 13 to 21 and a delegation from France from March 21 to 26. According to NICE, there is currently a shortage of host families for both delegations.
Hosts do not need to have a child/children in the Newtown schools in order to host, but the students will need to get to school every day to either attend classes or a planned trip.
The students have planned activities every weekday and hosts are free to plan something for their student on the weekend. Hosts do not need to speak Spanish or French. The students just need a bed and a safe home environment.
NICE has been sponsoring international host stays for students for over ten years.
For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or apply to host students online at nicenewtown.wixsite.com/nice/host. More information about NICE is available online at nicenewtown.wixsite.com/nice.