- ‘The History Of Ferris Farm,’ February 27 With Garden Club
- Parent Connection Spring Fundraiser To Have Hollywood Theme
- Music Dynamics Class Engages Children In Interactive Play
- NICE Host Families Needed For March Delegations
- Ben’s Lighthouse House Concert Series To Continue With Mother-Daughter Performance
- ‘The Art And Mechanics Of Underwater Floral Design’
- Someday Cinema Series Offering Will Put Spotlight On The Classic Frustrations Of Teen Lust And Love
The Newtown International Center for Education (NICE) in conjunction with the Newtown Public Schools district is hosting a delegation of students and teachers from Spain from March 13 to 21 and a delegation from France from March 21 to 26. According to NICE, there is currently a shortage of host families for both delegations.
Hosts do not need to have a child/children in the Newtown schools in order to host, but the students will need to get to school every day to either attend classes or a planned trip.
The students have planned activities every weekday and hosts are free to plan something for their student on the weekend. Hosts do not need to speak Spanish or French. The students just need a bed and a safe home environment.
NICE has been sponsoring international host stays for students for over ten years.
For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or apply to host students online at nicenewtown.wixsite.com/nice/host. More information about NICE is available online at nicenewtown.wixsite.com/nice.