The Newtown High School Winter Percussion competed in two competitions on Saturday, March 18. The day started at a MAC Competition at Shelton High School and the group placed first, with a score of 84.8. The group’s hard work and dedication paid off again later in the day at Westhill High School in Stamford, where the group again came in first place....Read Full Article
- Middle Gate Elementary School Hosts A STEM Night
- Middle Gate Elementary Students Enjoy ‘Under The Sea’ Performance
- Newtown Education Foundation Launches Reading Rocks!
- Board Of Education Celebrates The NMS Literary Magazine
- Newtown Continuing Education Announces
- NHS Winter Percussion Earns Two First Place Scores; ‘Home Show’ Saturday
- Opening Night For Newtown High School's Musical ‘Evita’
After competing in state championships and regional championships, the Newtown High School Marching Band & Guard will head to national championship competition this Saturday.
The NHS Nighthawks Marching Band & Guard surpassed 32 Connecticut high school bands with a top score of 94.638 to take the title of Division V Open State Champions at the USBands New England States Championships on Saturday, October 29, in New Britain.
One week later, at the USBands New England Regional Championships on Saturday, November 5, at John F. Kennedy Stadium in Bridgeport, Newtown took third place in its division in the preliminary round, and earned a spot in the finals, where they took seventh place in a field of 14 competing bands.
The Nighthawks’ final competition of the season is Saturday, November 12, at the USBands Open Class National Championships at Metlife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J.