- Pat Llodra Celebrated As St Rose’s Hands & Hearts Awardee
- BOE Hears Financial Report, Survey Update
- Grandparents Welcomed At Fraser Woods And St Rose Schools
- Middle Gate Students Celebrate Their Principal With ‘Mr Geissler Day’
- NHS Teen Mental Health Advocates Help Train Exceptional Sidekick Service Dogs
- NHS Unified Theater To Present Original Play: ‘Finding The Power Within’
- Hawley Elementary School Art Show
Since it was last updated on the Newtown High School auditorium project, district Director of Business Ron Bienkowski told the Board of Education at its meeting on Tuesday, November 15, confirmation had been received from the state on grant commitment for the project.
“That was certainly good news,” said Mr Bienkowski, adding later the grant amount will be based on an equation for reimbursement.
The school board was last updated at its October 18 meeting, when Service Project Manager Geralyn Hoerauf of STV-DPM shared the timeline for the auditorium renovation includes starting construction in January and, with an estimated six months of work, leads to its completion in June.
Bids for different project packages, Mr Bienkowski said at the November 15 meeting, are out and are expected back for evaluation by project managers following November 30. At a December Public Building and Site Commission meeting, bids are expected to be awarded.
“And they are still planning on starting the construction on January 3,” said Mr Bienkowski. “They are looking at the period of winter break as an opportunity to mobilize a trailer and all the materials contractors will need to start the job, but the schedule is they will start on January 3.”
On the same night as the Board of Education’s meeting, Ms Hoerauf reported at a Public Building and Site Commission meeting that there has been a good response from potential bidders on bid packages, according to minutes from the meeting.