- Thursday Evening Summer Concert Series To Begin June 28
- A Special Evening All About Cheese, Wednesday At Booth Library
- CCS Annual Sing-in Scheduled, June 18 At Trinity Church
- Summer Jam Concert Series Opener To Coincide With Last Day Of School
- US Chess Champion Coming To Newtown
- Special Olympics Torch Run, Friday
- New One-Act Plays About The Over-55 Set, June 8-10 At Edmond Town Hall
Newtown Middle School art teachers Leigh Anne Coles and Kristen Ladue are seeking official portraits of local veterans to be turned into portraits by students in time for a Veterans Day assembly at the school in November.
According to Ms Coles, seventh grade art enrichment students will be assigned to create portraits of the veterans from the submitted photographs.
The school needs pictures submitted no later than October 11.
The school is looking for an official portrait of the veteran in uniform (shoulders up). Digital copies are preferred, but hard copies can be scanned and the original will be returned. The school also needs the name of the veteran in the picture and contact information to reach the person who dropped off the picture.
To complete the project the school needs 26 to 30 photographs. If they receive more submissions, they will save them for a following year. The school project will begin by honoring veterans in town, initially, but if the project is successful it will expand its scope in the future.
All questions/photos can be e-mailed to email@example.com. Pictures and contact information can also be dropped off at the school, 11 Queen Street, with the main office or security guard at the entrance.