- Reed Students ‘Lunch And Learn’
- Sirius Coyote Visits Sandy Hook School
- Mentoring With Dr Erardi Part One Of Two: Ridgefield Assistant Superintendent Spending Time In Newtown
- Head O' Meadow Kindergarten Students Learn About Animals And Nature
- NHS Announces ‘Evita’ As Spring Musical
- Connecticut Historical Society Offers Lesson On State Government For Hawley Students
- NHS Student Art Work Selected For Scholastic Show
The Newtown High School Marching Band & Guard took part in its final competition of the season on Saturday, November 12, and earned sixth place in its Group V Open 11-band division at the USBands Open Class National Championships at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J.
The Marching Band & Guard attended the USBands Open Class National Championships after competing in state championships and regional championships.
The NHS Nighthawks Marching Band & Guard earned a top score of 94.638 to take the title of Division V Open State Champions at the USBands New England States Championships on Saturday, October 29, in New Britain. It also took third at the USBands New England Regional Championships on Saturday, November 5, at John F. Kennedy Stadium in Bridgeport.
The 2016 show titled Something Wicked This Way Comes Darks Pandemonium Carnival was based on the classic dark and sinister fantasy novel by Ray Bradbury, as created by NHS Director of Bands Kurt Eckhardt.
It was a successful season with challenging music and drill, NHS Band Parent Corporation president Michele Buzzi said following the competition.
Ms Buzzi added the NHS band parents are thrilled for the students accomplishments this year.