- Newtown Elementary Schools Celebrate Literacy
- Newtown Continuing Education Classes Available
- Newtown Immaculate High School Student Earns National Scholastic Award
- Newtown Public Schools Announce Spring Concerts And Events
- Superintendent To Hold Open Hour For Budget Discussion With Public Monday
- New Kindergarten And First Grade Math Curriculum For Newtown Students
- Newtown’s PTA Reflections Program Winners Recognized At Schools
Newtown Continuing Education has announced its Spring 2017 Brochure is being mailed to local homes, and its spring classes begin as early as March 2. Copies of the brochure are also available at Newtown Municipal Center, 3 Primrose Street, and C. H. Booth Library, 25 Main Street.
Newtown Continuing Education has 36 new classes as well as many returning favorites.
New classes include Creating Your Dream Home; Get Organized And Get Control; Help! I Hate My Room; Growing An Organic Vegetable Garden; Designing A Home Landscape; Safe Boating/Personal Watercraft; The Vision Workshop; Finding A Flexible Job; Test Drive A New Career; Mommy and Me Essential Oils; Intro To Numerology; Self-Defense For Women; Chess For Parents; Haunted History and Folktales of Connecticut; The Loyalist Cause: Americas First Civil War; Prime-Time Health Coaching For Adults; Innerquest Journey; Adult Child CPR/AED, First Aid; Chakradance; Basics of Drawing; Gesture Drawing; Tax Free In Retirement; Annuities; Life Insurance Risk; Understanding Medicaid; and Tap Dancing. Bus trips to the Botanical Gardens, West Point, and Locust Grove Estate are also being offered. A jazz cruise of New York Harbor is being offered on June 25.
For more information about Newtown Continuing Education and the available courses and bus trips visit its website at newtowncontinuinged.org or call 203-426-1787.