Newtown news of 25, 50, 75 and 100 years ago, from the files of The Newtown Bee....Read Full Article
- VFW Fundraiser Saturday With Midnight Rodeo
- Four Performances, July 26-28: Young Adults Digging Deep To Deliver ‘Miss Saigon’
- Musicals At Richter Season Continues With ‘Annie’
- SCAN To Welcome Israel For Pastel Demo
- Haunting Williams Work Next For Town Players
- BACA Event Canceled
- Bivenne Harvey Staiger With Watercolor Demonstration At Next SCAN Meeting
Newtown Choral Society, under the direction of Mary Andreotta, and accompanied by Susan Anthony-Klein, will begin rehearsals for its spring concert Wednesday, January 17, and is inviting prospective members to attend. There are openings in all voices.
Rehearsals are Wednesdays, at 7 pm, at Newtown Middle School, 11 Queen Street.
The group’s spring concert is set for Sunday, April 29, at Newtown Meeting House.
“We’re going to be singing songs from the British Invasion,” said Ms Andreotta. “That was the music from Great Britain that was so popular in the United States in the mid-60s. The music included songs by The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Van Morrison and others. The group Queen was founded in the 1970s, but it continued that British musical style.”
Now entering its 32nd year, Newtown Choral Society is a community chorus and welcomes singers from all area towns. The choir performs two concerts a year and welcomes both novice and experienced singers. The choir is supported through dues, ticket sales, and program ads.
For more information on membership, contact the group’s president, Laura E. Lerman, at 203-426-3769 or firstname.lastname@example.org.