Newtown artists Ros Liljengren, Heidrun Morgan, Stacey Olszewski and Joan Pollak are collaborating to present a one-day open house event in a private home on Mt Pleasant Terrance on Saturday, November 18....Read Full Article
- Avance Hosting ‘The Art Of Nature’
- March 1 At Edmond Town Hall: Romantic Academy Award Winner Next For Someday Cinema Series
- NHS Band & Guard 21st Annual Winter Extravaganza This Saturday
- Call For Readers: Third Annual Risk A Verse
- Free Relay For Life Kickoff Party Sunday
- ‘The History Of Ferris Farm,’ February 27 With Garden Club
- Parent Connection Spring Fundraiser To Have Hollywood Theme
DANBURY — Two Newtown-based artists are among eight local artists with works featured in the current exhibition at Art & Frame of Danbury, 60 Newtown Road.
“In Retrospect,” a curated show featuring artists who have exhibited their work over the past three years, is on view until September 16.
Featured artists and their previous exhibits are Ginger Hanrahan of Bethel (who was featured in “Oiled & Collaged”), Karen Bonnano of Woodbury (“Figuratively”), Dayna Wenzel of Danbury and Shona Curtis of New Milford (“Dimensional Contrast”), Tara Tomaselli and Heidrum Morgan, both of Newtown (“Rust & Glass”), and Meg Marden of Danbury and Frank Kara of Bethel (“Marden & Kara”).
An opening reception is scheduled for Saturday, August 5, from 5 to 7 pm. Live music will be performed by UncleZac. Hors d’oeuvres and drinks will be served.
Regular hours for the custom frame shop and local art gallery are Monday through Friday, 10 am to 6 pm. Call 203-748-0197 or visit artandframeofdanbury.com for additional information.