- Papa Al’s A Family Business Is A Family Favorite
- Business Buzz: Labels Plus Tags Opens In Sandy Hook
- Shop ‘Til You Drop, Thursday In Sandy Hook
- P&Z Liberalizes Zoning Rules On Nail Salons
- Freshman Football Squad Blanks Masuk
- Nighthawk Swim Team Competes In State Meets
- Senior services for Newtown seniors are available at the Multipurpose Building on Riverside Road in Sandy Hook. The Senior Center is under the auspices of the Commission on Aging. The center is run by Senior Services Director Marilyn Place. For infor
Nancy D. McLarney
Nancy D. McLarney, 79, of Newtown, died November 16, at Danbury Hospital. She was born June 5, 1933, in Apollo, Penn., daughter of Mary (Ameno) and Carmello Manuli.
Ms McLarney came to New York City on a scholarship to the High School of Performing Arts. She received her master’s in theology from Regent University, and was an ordained minister who worked as a missionary in China. She was a member of Walnut Hill Community Church where she was active with the prayer teams. She enjoyed yoga, Pilates, music, and dancing, and especially enjoyed spending time with her grandchildren.
Ms McLarney will be missed by her two daughters, Camille Vaca, and her husband Victor, of North Carolina and Tara Nygaard, and her husband Ben, of Brookfield; as well as four grandchildren, Marco and Vincent Vaca and Grant and Matthew Nygaard.
A Celebration of Life took place November 20.
Donations may be made in her name to Walnut Hill Community Church, Church in Action Fund, 156 Walnut Hill Road, Bethel CT 06801 or at www.walnuthillcc.org/giving.
To light an online candle of hope and remembrance visit www.BrookfieldFuneralHome.com.
The Newtown BeeÂ Â Â Â Â November 23, 2012