Newtown police arrested a Ridgefield man and a West Hartford woman on robbery, larceny, and assault charges following a shoplifting incident on the night of Tuesday, February 27, at the Big Y supermarket on Queen Street....Read Full Article
- Vanessa Trien Keeps Children On Their Feet
- Students Reunite With Didi Maa During Newtown Visit
- ‘The Dogs Of Camelot’ Brings Readers Into The World Of The Kennedy Canines
- Community Center On Track For 2019 Opening Despite Tight Budget
- Officials: Pootatuck Debris ‘Cloud’ Was Not Toxic
- Rising Steel Begins Defining Shape Of Community Center
- Newtown Continuing Education’s SMART Camp Begins
Police report that on the morning of August 9, they arrested Mark Manley, 47, of 265 South Main Street, charging him with second-degree burglary and sixth degree larceny in connection with an incident at King’s Restaurant at 263 South Main Street.
Police said they received a report from the restaurant on the morning of August 5 that someone had illegally entered that building overnight and had stolen some cash from within. After reviewing surveillance photography, police identified Manley as a suspect and later arrested him for allegedly having stolen a money bag containing $67 worth of change.
Manley posted $5,000 bail and is scheduled to appear on the charges on August 23 in state Superior Court in Danbury.