Newtown police arrested a Ridgefield man and a West Hartford woman on robbery, larceny, and assault charges following a shoplifting incident on the night of Tuesday, February 27, at the Big Y supermarket on Queen Street....Read Full Article
- Stephen Petrovich In North American Premiere Of 'Love Never Dies' Coming To Hartford
- Nighthawks Challenge: From Sculpture Building To Pie Throwing Contest
- Fans Have A Lot To Cheer (And Bark) For At Sound Tigers Hockey Game
- Latest Financials Prove Newtown Deserves AAA Rating
- Relocation Drill At NMS Set For April 11
- Medley Relay Team Sets School Record As Hawks Make Splash In State Meet
- Local Young Adults Lead Efforts To Show Solidarity With Parkland And Call For Gun Violence Prevention
Police report that on the morning of August 9, they arrested Mark Manley, 47, of 265 South Main Street, charging him with second-degree burglary and sixth degree larceny in connection with an incident at King’s Restaurant at 263 South Main Street.
Police said they received a report from the restaurant on the morning of August 5 that someone had illegally entered that building overnight and had stolen some cash from within. After reviewing surveillance photography, police identified Manley as a suspect and later arrested him for allegedly having stolen a money bag containing $67 worth of change.
Manley posted $5,000 bail and is scheduled to appear on the charges on August 23 in state Superior Court in Danbury.