Santa’s Sleigh — pulled by a decommissioned fire truck covered with holiday lights and a radio that only plays Christmas songs — will be at Sandy Hook Volunteer Fire & Rescue’s main station for nine hours on Sunday, December 3....Read Full Article
- A Newtown Home For Connecticut Choral Society
- Turkey Trot Road Restrictions For Thanksgiving Day
- Settling In For Winter, Next Sunday At The Sanctuary Program
- Library Planning For Annual Holiday Sale
- Yoga Dimensions Holiday Yogathon To Benefit Women’s Center Of Greater Danbury
- Upcoming Yoga Mat Art Show Scheduled For December
- Conn. Authors Reading Series Turning To European Landscapes For Nov. 18 Event
Sandy Hook Volunteer Fire & Rescue Company will present its 30th Annual LobsterFest on Friday, June 9, from 5 to 9 pm, and Saturday, June 10, from 4 to 9 pm.
A full steak or lobster dinner with potato salad, corn on the cob, chowder, a dinner roll, and a soft drink are all included in the ticket price; surf and turf tickets are also available.
Tickets are $25 in advance, until noon on June 9, and are available at the company’s main station, 18-20 Riverside Road; the fire marshal’s office at Newtown Municipal Center, 3 Primrose Street; and The Newtown Bee office, 5 Church Hill Road. They will be $27 at the door.
Children’s dinners, with a burger or hot dog, are $7. Takeout orders can be set up.
A raw bar and desserts will also be available for separate charges.
Midnight Rodeo will perform on Friday and To The Max will headline on Saturday. John Voket will also be performing on Friday night, offering live music for early attendees.
LobsterFest is presented at the fire company’s main station, 18-20 Riverside Road. The event is a fundraiser for the 501(c)(3) organization.
For additional information visit sandyhookfire.com or call 203-270-4392.