The Flagpole Radio Cafe Orchestra will perform at Newtown Meeting House on Saturday, April 28, at 7 pm. ...Read Full Article
- Thursday Evening Summer Concert Series To Begin June 28
- A Special Evening All About Cheese, Wednesday At Booth Library
- CCS Annual Sing-in Scheduled, June 18 At Trinity Church
- Summer Jam Concert Series Opener To Coincide With Last Day Of School
- US Chess Champion Coming To Newtown
- Special Olympics Torch Run, Friday
- New One-Act Plays About The Over-55 Set, June 8-10 At Edmond Town Hall
Singer-songwriter Lucy Kaplansky will perform at Newtown Meeting House, 31 Main Street, with special guests The Flagpole Radio Cafe Orchestra, on Saturday, November 4.
The performance will begin at 7, and tickets are $20 each.
Lucy Kaplansky is a Billboard-charting singer and one of the top-selling artists on Red House Records. Dr Kaplansky — the performer earned a doctorate in psychology before returning to her first love, music — has topped the folk and Americana radio charts, and has been featured on shows throughout the world, from NPR’s Weekend and Morning Editions to BBC Radio and CBS Sunday Morning.
Audiences have filled Edmond Town Hall Theatre for years to see The Flagpole Radio Cafe Orchestra perform as the house band for Newtown’s popular and critically acclaimed Flagpole Radio Cafe. The group — Jim Allyn, Francine Wheeler, Richard Neal, Rick Brodsky, Howie Bujese — performed its first headlining show in March, filling the meeting house with an audience that was treated to bluegrass, swing and folk.