- ‘The History Of Ferris Farm,’ February 27 With Garden Club
- Parent Connection Spring Fundraiser To Have Hollywood Theme
- Music Dynamics Class Engages Children In Interactive Play
- NICE Host Families Needed For March Delegations
- Ben’s Lighthouse House Concert Series To Continue With Mother-Daughter Performance
- ‘The Art And Mechanics Of Underwater Floral Design’
- Someday Cinema Series Offering Will Put Spotlight On The Classic Frustrations Of Teen Lust And Love
Singer-songwriter Lucy Kaplansky will perform at Newtown Meeting House, 31 Main Street, with special guests The Flagpole Radio Cafe Orchestra, on Saturday, November 4.
The performance will begin at 7, and tickets are $20 each.
Lucy Kaplansky is a Billboard-charting singer and one of the top-selling artists on Red House Records. Dr Kaplansky — the performer earned a doctorate in psychology before returning to her first love, music — has topped the folk and Americana radio charts, and has been featured on shows throughout the world, from NPR’s Weekend and Morning Editions to BBC Radio and CBS Sunday Morning.
Audiences have filled Edmond Town Hall Theatre for years to see The Flagpole Radio Cafe Orchestra perform as the house band for Newtown’s popular and critically acclaimed Flagpole Radio Cafe. The group — Jim Allyn, Francine Wheeler, Richard Neal, Rick Brodsky, Howie Bujese — performed its first headlining show in March, filling the meeting house with an audience that was treated to bluegrass, swing and folk.