Newtown news of 25, 50, 75 and 100 years ago, from the files of The Newtown Bee. ...Read Full Article
- What's At Edmond Town Hall (full listing including movie listings and special events)
- July 27-August 2, 2018: "Solo: A Star Wars Story"
- July 20-26, 2018: "Avengers: Infinity War"
- July 13-19, 2018: "Early Man," "Life Of The Party" and Live at ETH: The Autumn Defense
- July 6-12, 2018: "Sherlock Gnomes" and "A Quiet Place"
- June 29-July 5, 2018: "Sgt Stubby: And American Hero" and "Ready Player One"
- June 22-28, 2018: "Black Panther," Rally For Humanity and "Jaws"
FRIDAY, JUNE 22-THURSDAY, JUNE 28
Rated PG-13 * running time 2:14
Starring Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyongo & Martin Freeman
($2 for senior citizens, Tuesday matinee only)
Screenings Friday, Saturday* and Wednesday, 7 & 9:30 pm; Monday and Tuesday, 7 pm;
and Thursday, 7 & 9:15 pm;
matinees Saturday, 1 & 4 pm; Sunday** and Tuesday, 1 pm
An African prince (Boseman) finds his right to the throne of his homeland kingdom challenged by rival factions within his own country in this blockbuster action adventure from Walt Disney Studios, the 18th film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
*Free screenings all Saturday, courtesy of Ingersoll Auto of Danbury.
**Sunday’s matinee show is also free, courtesy of Ingersoll Auto of Danbury.
* * * * *
SOMEDAY CINEMA SERIES:
Sunday, June 24 (ETH Theatre): 4 and 7 pm, tickets $3, screening of 1975 thriller will conclude 2017-18 season of Newtown Cultural Arts Commission’s Someday Cinema Series, matinee will have subtitles.
* * * * *
RALLY FOR HUMANITY
Saturday, June 23 (front courtyard, in gym if rain): 4-6 pm, rally to voice outrage against separation of immigrant families at US-Mexico border, to include speakers, creation of banner of multicolored handprints, attendees asked to wear white ribbon to symbolize the innocence of children affected, also bring white ribbon to tie to tree branch or street lamp, coordinated in conjunction with Action Together Connecticut (similar events being planned across the state for weekend of June 23-24); 203-270-9659.