KidSave Summer Miracles brings Colombian orphans to the United States for a four- to five-week summer visit. While here, the children attend summer camp, learn about US culture, and most importantly, meet prospective adoptive families. The public can learn more about the program, and meet children current in the program, during a public event at Edmond Town Hall on Saturday, July 22....Read Full Article
- What's At Edmond Town Hall (full listing)
- October 13-19, 2017: "Dunkirk" and NFoM Finale: Brentano and Daedalus Quartets
- October 6-12, 2017: "All Saints" and Newtown Honors: Juliano & St Jean
- September 29-October 5, 2017: "Baby Driver"
- September 22-28, 2017: "Maudie" and "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory"
- September 15-21, 2017: "Wonder Woman" and Hurricane Harvey Movie Event Fundraiser
- September 8-14, 2017: "War For The Planet of The Apes," Joni Mitchell Jazz Tribute and Claremont Trio
FRIDAY, JULY 21-THURSDAY, JULY 27
TWO MOVIES THIS WEEK!
SMURFS: THE LOST VILLAGE
Screenings Friday and Saturday, then Monday through Thursday, 1 pm;
and Sunday, 4 pm
Rated PG * running time 1:30
All tickets $3
Featuring the vocal talents of Demi Lovato, Rainn Wilson,
Joe Manganiello, Jack McBrayer, Danny Pudi, Mandy Patinkin,
Julia Roberts & Meghan Trainor
Smurf history is about to get rewritten when Smurfette and her friends Brainy Smurf (Pudi), Clumsy Smurf (McBrayer) and Hefty Smurf (Manganiello) find a mysterious map that leads to a hidden place deep in the Forbidden Forest in this animated adventure comedy.
~ and ~
Screenings nightly 7 & 9:15 pm;
matinees Friday and Saturday, then Monday-Thursday, 4 pm
Rated PG-13 * running time 1:50
All tickets $3
Starring Tom Cruise, Sofia Boutella & Russell Crowe
An ancient princess (Boutella) awakened from her long lost desert tomb by a military man-turned-soldier-of-fortune (Cruise) wreaks havoc on an unsuspecting modern world in this action horror comedy.
* * * * *
KIDSAVE SUMMER MIRACLES MEET THE KIDS EVENT
Saturday, July 22 (gymnasium): 12-3 pm, event hosted by Kidsave (volunteer driven effort to help older orphaned children find their permanent families) will introduce public to the group and how it collaborates with social workers, home study agencies, child welfare advocates, et al, to find safe homes for orphans, light snacks available, reservations requested; 888-KIDSAVE (888-543-7283), kidsave.org/summer-miracles-events.
Read more here: Kidsave Program A Channel To Finding Homes For Older Children