- What's At Edmond Town Hall (full listing including movie listings and special events)
- May 18-23, 2018: "I Can Only Imagine" and "The Post"
- May 11-18, 2018: "Annie Jr" (musical theater), "I Can Only Imagine" and BrainStorm Experience: Rosalind Wiseman
- May 4-10, 2018: "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri" and Comedy Show with Avi Liberman
- April 27-May 3, 2018: "A Wrinkle In Time," Small Business Week "Boost Your Business" event and National Day of Prayer
- April 20-26, 2018: Laser Light Shows and "The Greatest Showman"
- April 13-19, 2018: "Peter Rabbit," "Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle," Newtown Spring Welcome Craft Fair and Spring Fling Sing-Along
FRIDAY, JANUARY 26-WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 31
THE BIG SICK
Rated R * running time 2:00
Starring Kumail Nanjiani, Zoe Kazan, Holly Hunter & Ray Romano
($2 for senior citizens at Tuesday matinee)
Screenings Friday, 7 & 9:30 pm;
Sunday through Wednesday, 7 pm;
matinees Saturday, 1 pm;
Sunday 1 & 4 pm; Tuesday, 1 pm
East meets West in this awkward true story of how Pakistan born comedian Kumail Nanjiani met his American born wife (Kazan). The film is a funny, heartfelt and intelligent look at the ups and downs of a cross-cultural relationship after one gets very ill. Released in June 2017, the film has been nominated for the Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay.
* * * * *
Second Annual Moms Night Out:
Saturday, January 27 (ETH Theatre): 7-9 pm, free, special screening of 2011 comedy starring Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph, Rose Byrne, et al, being offered by Fisio Physical Therapy and Wellness. Special event will also include free glass of wine (for those age 21+) and chair massages; 270-2977.
Read more here: Moms Night Out At The Movies, Take Two
* * * * *
Avielle Foundation BrainStorm Experience:
“How Joy and Optimism Ignite the Best in All Of Us”
Thursday, February 1: 6:30 pm, $15 ($200 for full series of 6 presentations during 2018), presentation by Steve Gross, founder and chief playmaker of The Life is Goods Kids Foundation, will open year-long series presented by The Avielle Foundation, rescheduled from January 4; 203-491-0304, SuzyDeYoung@AvielleFoundation.org, AvielleFoundation.org.