Full listing of public events planned for the historic building at 45 Main Street, Newtown....Read Full Article
- What's At Edmond Town Hall (full listing)
- May 26-31, 2017: 'Kong: Skull Island'
- May 19-25, 2017: Back To The 80s with Jessie's Girl, 'Hidden Figures' and Volunteer Speed Match
- May 12-18, 2017: 'Hidden Figures,' American Ninja Warrior event and 'Screenagers' event
- May 5-11, 2017: 'The LEGO Batman Movie' and 'My Cousin Vinny'
- April 28-May 4, 2017: 'La La Land,' National Day of Prayer
- April 21-27, 2017: Comedian Vic DiBitteto, Woman's Club Spring Fling, 'Lion' and St Lawrence String Quartet
Sunday, January 22-Wednesday, January 25
Screenings Sunday through Wednesday, 7 pm;
matinees Sunday, 1 & 4 pm; Tuesday, 1 pm.
Rated PG-13 * running time 1:55
All tickets $3
Starring Lou de Laâge, Agata Kulesza, Agata Buzek & Vincent Macaigne
In 1945 Poland, a young French Red Cross nurse (de Laâge) is sent to a assist a nun at a nearby Benedictine convent after a sister nun arrives at a French field hospital begging for assistance. At first reluctant to help, the nurse is shocked by what she finds in this compelling look at the brutality of war and the resiliency of the human spirit.
* * * * *
Thursday, January 26
THE GREAT DICTATOR
Screenings at 1 & 7 pm
Rated G * running time 2:06
All tickets $3
Starring Charlie Chaplin
After dedicated service in the Great War, a Jewish barber (Chaplin) spends years in an Army hospital recovering from his wounds, unaware of the simultaneous rise of fascist dictator Adenoid Hynkel (also Chaplin) and his anti-Semitic policies. When the barber, who bears a remarkable resemblance to Hynkel, returns to his quiet neighborhood, he is stunned by the brutal changes and recklessly joins a beautiful girl (Paulette Goddard) and her neighbors in rebelling.
Screenings will continue Newtown Cultural Arts Commission’s Classic Cinema Series. The early show will have subtitles for the hearing impaired.