Nearly 100 people joined together for the Interfaith Service of Thanksgiving, hosted this season by Trinity Episcopal Church. ...Read Full Article
- Sophfronia Scott And Tain Gregory Talk About ‘This Child Of Faith’
- A Community Gathers To Celebrate ‘The Miracle Of Hanukkah’
- Celebrating The Story Of Christ’s Birth
- Young’s ‘Everlasting Light’ To Be Part Of Christmas Eve Morning Service
- Congregation Adath Israel To Host Community Menorah Lighting
- Preparing To Honor The Reason For The Season
- Newtown Mother-Son Team Celebrate Collaborative Memoir
NOTE (Monday, November 13, 2017): This post has been updated. A potluck dinner following the interfaith service will be presented by Trinity’s youth, but is not part of the public event Sunday evening. It has also been updated to include the request for FAITH Food Pantry donations.
* * * * *
Newtown Interfaith Association will again present an annual Interfaith Service of Thanksgiving this season. All are welcome.
This year the service on Sunday, November 19, will be hosted by Trinity Episcopal Church, at 36 Main Street.
The event will begin at 5 pm, and will include readings and remarks by leaders of many of Newtown’s houses of worship. There will also be live music.
Attendees are being asked to bring with them a donation for FAITH Food Pantry.
In recent years the Thanksgiving service has begun at 7 pm. The Reverend Dr Jenny Montgomery, who is currently serving as priest-in-charge at Trinity, is hoping the early start will result in additional attendees.
“I am hoping that more families will be able to attend this way,” she told The Newtown Bee recently.
Additional information is available by calling Trinity Church, 203-426-9070.