The Newtown High School Winter Percussion competed in two competitions on Saturday, March 18. The day started at a MAC Competition at Shelton High School and the group placed first, with a score of 84.8. The group’s hard work and dedication paid off again later in the day at Westhill High School in Stamford, where the group again came in first place....Read Full Article
- Middle Gate Elementary School Hosts A STEM Night
- Middle Gate Elementary Students Enjoy ‘Under The Sea’ Performance
- Newtown Education Foundation Launches Reading Rocks!
- Newtown Continuing Education Announces
- Board Of Education Celebrates The NMS Literary Magazine
- NHS Winter Percussion Earns Two First Place Scores; ‘Home Show’ Saturday
- Opening Night For Newtown High School's Musical ‘Evita’
When Todd Ingersoll, president of Ingersoll Automotive, delivered ten laptop computers to Newtown High School on Wednesday, November 30, it marked the fifth year in a row of such donations.
The Lenovo laptops are decorated with an Ingersoll Auto of Danbury logo and slogans like, “Make a Difference,” and “Be Yourself.” To date, Ingersoll Auto of Danbury has donated 50 laptops to NHS.
This year, laptops were also donated to high schools in New Milford, Danbury, Pomperaug, New Fairfield, Brookfield, Watertown, and Pawling. Mr Ingersoll said the total number of laptops donated to schools in the last five years is now at 400.
Each of the laptops can be assigned to a student for the school year, through the school.
“These get so much use, I have to tell you,” said NHS Principal Lorrie Rodrigue. She added, “We are just so happy and thrilled you do this for us.”
“You’re very, very welcome. We are happy to do it,” said Mr Ingersoll, still holding a brand new laptop ready for use at NHS.