- School Board Celebrates NHS Dance Team
- Newtown Middle School Second Quarter Honor Roll
- Aquarion Water Company Teaches Reed Students About Water
- Relocation Drill At NMS Set For April 11
- Newtown Continuing Education Classes Available
- Local Young Adults Lead Efforts To Show Solidarity With Parkland And Call For Gun Violence Prevention
- Jr NAA Leads Newtown's Students In Call For Change
The Housatonic Valley Waldorf School hosted its annual Thanksgiving Assembly on November 22.
Friends and family of students in first through eighth grade were invited to view the students’ work in the atrium before gathering in the Eurythmy Room at 11 am for the official assembly.
Each grade went on stage and performed a variety of songs, poems, and dances that showcased what they are currently learning in their classes.
The assembly concluded with the seventh and eighth grade chorus, which recited a South African hymn in Zulu and English by Andries Van Tonder, called “Siyahamba.”
After much applause for all the students, guests were then asked to join the Housatonic Valley Waldorf School’s Class of 2018 back in the atrium for a Sweet and Savory Bake Sale.