- Students Reunite With Didi Maa During Newtown Visit
- Newtown Continuing Education’s SMART Camp Begins
- Newtown High School Fourth Quarter Honor Roll
- Hands And Hearts Make Sweet Memories For Departing St Rose Principal, Sister Colleen
- School Board Celebrates Teacher And Paraeducator Of The Year Awardees
- Fraser Woods Montessori School Ceremonies Mark Graduation
- Madness At Middle Gate, To The Delight Of All
The Housatonic Valley Waldorf School hosted its annual Thanksgiving Assembly on November 22.
Friends and family of students in first through eighth grade were invited to view the students’ work in the atrium before gathering in the Eurythmy Room at 11 am for the official assembly.
Each grade went on stage and performed a variety of songs, poems, and dances that showcased what they are currently learning in their classes.
The assembly concluded with the seventh and eighth grade chorus, which recited a South African hymn in Zulu and English by Andries Van Tonder, called “Siyahamba.”
After much applause for all the students, guests were then asked to join the Housatonic Valley Waldorf School’s Class of 2018 back in the atrium for a Sweet and Savory Bake Sale.