The first snow of 2017 brought a little more accumulation than what the National Weather Service had been predicting for Newtown, but it wasn't enough to create too many issues for residents....Read Full Article
- Martial Arts Provides Opportunities For Wide Range Of Participants
- Girls’ Basketball Team Wins Two Games, Clinches Playoff Spot
- Cartelli Nets Three As Hawks Skate To Victory
- Sign Up For Sandy Hook 5K
- Mason And Football Teammates Honored
- Hockey Team Wins A Pair Of Games
- Boys' Basketball Team Defeats Barlow
Newtown High’s hockey team will make up its snowed out season opener with game against Wilton, at Danbury Ice Arena, today, Sunday, December 18, beginning at 5:30 pm. The boys’ basketball opener against visiting Fairfield Ludlowe, also postponed because of snow on December 17, is scheduled to be played on Monday, December 19. A game time was not initially determined but has since been announced, with tipoff now set for 7 pm.
On Tuesday, December 20, the boys’ swimming and diving squad kicks off the regular season with a home meet against Pomperaug of Southbury, beginning at 4 pm. That same night marks the first home contest for the girls’ basketball squad, as the Nighthawks (1-1 to start the year) host Masuk of Monroe, beginning at 7 pm.