- Proposed Development Will Negatively Affect Entire Town
- Volunteer Firefighters Provide Great Value To Our Community
- Ensure Protection In All Schools
- Do We Really Need More Traffic?
- Is The Gun Lobby Really Stronger Than Common Sense?
- An Insensible Proposal
- Loss Of Music Teacher Position Is Unwelcomed News
To the Editor:
My heartfelt thanks go out to Newtown for giving me the opportunity to serve our students and community again as a member of the Board of Education. And thank you to the many people who volunteered time and energy to the campaign in both small and big ways. Every part helped.
I appreciate all of the insights I have gained from the conversations and self-reflection that happen as a result of campaigning — the candidate forums, phone calls, Bee questionnaires, and private conversations. But most of all, I want to thank all of the incredibly qualified candidates who ran admirable campaigns. Whether they made it into office or not, each person contributed to a constructive discussion of what will make our community better. And, in that sense, all of Newtown won this election before the polls even opened.
My many thanks,
Michelle Embree Ku
28 Platts Hill Road, Newtown November 8, 2017