- Managers Seek Funds For Edmond Town Hall Theatre Upgrades
- Could Distracted Driving Contribute To Half Of Newtown’s Traffic Collisions?
- Parks & Rec Registration System Down
- ADL Offering $2,000 Reward Following Ridgefield Swastika Graffiti Incidents
- Sewer Line Blockage Cleared In Sandy Hook Center
- Legislative Council Approves Latest Five-Year Capital Plan
- First Selectmen's Requested Budget Invests In Roads, Personnel, Tech
Newtown Action Alliance and 125 other gun violence prevention organizations and allies have joined the Campaign Against Assault Weapons to ban #WeaponsOfWar in America.
The Campaign Against Assault Weapons is sponsoring a National Vigil to send #LoveToLasVegas and to rally to demand a ban on #WeaponsOfWar Wednesday, October 18, from 6:30 to 8 pm, on the West Lawn of the US Capitol Building in Washington, DC.
RSVP on the Newtown Action Alliance Facebook event page at http://bit.ly/NationalVigil4LasVegas
1. Wear all black or red
2. Go to http://alliance.newtownaction.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/I-say-No-to-WeaponsOfWar-Poster.pdf to print an “I say NO to #WeaponsOfWar” poster
3. Open flame candles are not allowed. Bring electronic candle or download the iPhone Candle App or the Android Candle App.
A coalition petition can be signed at http://org2.salsalabs.com/o/5610/c/1681/p/dia/action4/common/public/?action_KEY=25421
By choosing to attend this event, participants acknowledge the risks involved, and are committing to participate nonviolently and in accordance with the law, and to work to deescalate confrontations with opposing persons or others. Participants agree not to engage in any act of violence or violation of any applicable law; and to obey the orders of authorized event marshals and law enforcement authorities.