- Fire Reports | April 12-18, 2018
- Police Reports | April 2-17, 2018
- New Kindergarten And First Grade Math Curriculum For Newtown Students
- Sandy Hook Permanent Memorial Commission In Need Of New Chairman
- Church Hill Road Intersection Reconfiguration To Start April 23
- Flags To Be Lowered For Barbara Bush
- Sandy Hook Families File Suit Against Infowars’ Alex Jones
Newtown Action Alliance and 125 other gun violence prevention organizations and allies have joined the Campaign Against Assault Weapons to ban #WeaponsOfWar in America.
The Campaign Against Assault Weapons is sponsoring a National Vigil to send #LoveToLasVegas and to rally to demand a ban on #WeaponsOfWar Wednesday, October 18, from 6:30 to 8 pm, on the West Lawn of the US Capitol Building in Washington, DC.
RSVP on the Newtown Action Alliance Facebook event page at http://bit.ly/NationalVigil4LasVegas
1. Wear all black or red
2. Go to http://alliance.newtownaction.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/I-say-No-to-WeaponsOfWar-Poster.pdf to print an “I say NO to #WeaponsOfWar” poster
3. Open flame candles are not allowed. Bring electronic candle or download the iPhone Candle App or the Android Candle App.
A coalition petition can be signed at http://org2.salsalabs.com/o/5610/c/1681/p/dia/action4/common/public/?action_KEY=25421
By choosing to attend this event, participants acknowledge the risks involved, and are committing to participate nonviolently and in accordance with the law, and to work to deescalate confrontations with opposing persons or others. Participants agree not to engage in any act of violence or violation of any applicable law; and to obey the orders of authorized event marshals and law enforcement authorities.