Longtime Sandy Hook residents Emily and US Air Force Captain James E. Smith (Ret) will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary on September 9....Read Full Article
- Lisa Unleashed: Does California’s Puppy Mill Ban Really Help Dogs?
- NewArts Finds Perfect Partnership With Walnut Hill Community Church
- Turkey Trot Road Restrictions For Thanksgiving Day
- Health Official Talks Turkey Regarding Holiday Food Safety
- Unified Sports Provides Opportunity For Students To Grow
- Sandy Hook CEO Celebrating Leahy’s Fuels 100th Anniversary
- Garden Club Holiday Greens & Gifts Sale Workshops Continue
Jeanne and Gene Luchansky of Sandy Hook celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on July 1 with a dinner at Mill on the River in South Windsor. Family, childhood friends, and members of the original wedding party joined them, including Jeanne’s mom, Rachel Palmer, 97.
Also present was their daughter Sarah and her husband Kian, and their two grandchildren, Jada, 8, and Harper, 2. The dinner was followed by an informal celebration at a nearby hotel.
The Luchanskys were married on July 1, 1967, at St John Nepomucene Church in Bridgeport, with the ceremony officiated by Gene’s cousin, the Reverend Robert Onze. The couple moved to Sandy Hook in 1970.
Jeanne retired from Joel Barlow High School in 2007 following a lengthy career teaching high school math.
Gene retired in 2009 from his position as Executive Director at The Child Guidance Clinic in Meriden.
The Luchanskys have enjoyed the extra time to travel, volunteer, and be with family, especially the grandchildren.