Longtime Sandy Hook residents Emily and US Air Force Captain James E. Smith (Ret) will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary on September 9....Read Full Article
- Fundraiser For Hurricane Pet Relief Thursday At ETH
- C. H. Booth Library Makers’ Corner In Progress
- Annual CT United Ride Rolls Through Town
- Doggie Fun Zone And Barn Hunt Take Place At Cassio Pet Resort
- Lisa Unleashed: 47th Annual American Gold Cup Grand Prix At Old Salem Farm Sunday
- Newtown Residents Are A Breed Of Their Own At Beardsley Zoo
- Newtown Middle School Scarecrows Are Underway
Jeanne and Gene Luchansky of Sandy Hook celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on July 1 with a dinner at Mill on the River in South Windsor. Family, childhood friends, and members of the original wedding party joined them, including Jeanne’s mom, Rachel Palmer, 97.
Also present was their daughter Sarah and her husband Kian, and their two grandchildren, Jada, 8, and Harper, 2. The dinner was followed by an informal celebration at a nearby hotel.
The Luchanskys were married on July 1, 1967, at St John Nepomucene Church in Bridgeport, with the ceremony officiated by Gene’s cousin, the Reverend Robert Onze. The couple moved to Sandy Hook in 1970.
Jeanne retired from Joel Barlow High School in 2007 following a lengthy career teaching high school math.
Gene retired in 2009 from his position as Executive Director at The Child Guidance Clinic in Meriden.
The Luchanskys have enjoyed the extra time to travel, volunteer, and be with family, especially the grandchildren.