- Wild(cat) Win: Baseball Team Walks Off Against Bethel
- Sometimes Hard-Fought Losses Are Better Than Lopsided Wins
- NHS Girls’ Lacrosse Team Defeats Conference Rivals With Ease
- Softball Team Battles In Extra-Inning Thrillers At St Joes And Ridgefield
- Floros Runs Boston Marathon As Part Of Dana Farber Challenge
- Newtown High Golfers Victorious
- Tennis Teams Battle On The Courts
Newtown High School’s girls’ basketball team improved to 2-0 with a 44-32 win over St Joseph of Trumbull on December 13.
Nicki DaPra dropped in a dozen points, and Rylee Mulligan had ten in the win.
Mulligan, DaPra, and Cailin Wilson, who had six points, each drained a pair of 3-point shots.
Ali Kelleher, who had four points, and Amy Sapenter, three points, both hit 3-pointers as well; Newtown knocked down eight shots from beyond the arc.
Jackie Matthews had five points, and Cyleigh Wilson added two.
DaPra had a double-double effort as she pulled down 12 rebounds to go along with her 12 points. Sapenter had eight rebounds, and Mulligan had seven rebounds and four assists.