- Update Shared With School Board On A Look At Potential Growth For Middle School Athletic Programs
- Youth Football & Cheer Scholarship Applications Deadline Approaching
- High School Teams Improvise As Snow Welcomes Spring Athletes
- Youth Basketball Champs Play Annual First Selectman’s Game To Benefit Food Pantry
- Sisters Help U12 Hockey Team Place Second In Tourney
- Another Record Set As Nighthawk Swimmers And Divers Compete In State Open
- O’Brien, Bauer Made Quick Strides To Help Nighthawk Hockey Team Succeed
Newtown High School’s girls’ basketball team posted its second straight win with a 48-33 victory over the host Brookfield Bobcats, on January 10.
Rylee Mulligan racked up 15 points and dished out six assists; Cailin Wilson had eight points to go along with three rebounds; Nicki DaPra pulled down ten rebounds; and Olyvia Shaw had eight rebounds and four steals. Shaw, Alison Kelleher, and Jackie Matthews held Brookfield’s leading scorer to six points.
The Nighthawks improved to 5-3 overall, heading into a visit to Kolbe Cathedral of Bridgeport on Thursday, January 12, beginning at 7 pm.
Newtown goes to New Jersey to take on Ridgewood this weekend, then returns to South-West Conference play with a visit to Joel Barlow of Redding on Tuesday, January 17, beginning at 5:15 pm.