- Nighthawks Compete In Swimming State Open
- Former Newtown Standout Scores TD For Michigan
- Turkey Trot Road Restrictions For Thanksgiving Day
- Unified Sports Provides Opportunity For Students To Grow
- BOE Celebrates Unified Sports Leaders
- Nighthawks Sign National Letters Of Intent To Play In College
- Western Connecticut Hockey Program Hosts Rangers Alumni Assist Game
Newtown High School’s girls’ basketball team posted its second straight win with a 48-33 victory over the host Brookfield Bobcats, on January 10.
Rylee Mulligan racked up 15 points and dished out six assists; Cailin Wilson had eight points to go along with three rebounds; Nicki DaPra pulled down ten rebounds; and Olyvia Shaw had eight rebounds and four steals. Shaw, Alison Kelleher, and Jackie Matthews held Brookfield’s leading scorer to six points.
The Nighthawks improved to 5-3 overall, heading into a visit to Kolbe Cathedral of Bridgeport on Thursday, January 12, beginning at 7 pm.
Newtown goes to New Jersey to take on Ridgewood this weekend, then returns to South-West Conference play with a visit to Joel Barlow of Redding on Tuesday, January 17, beginning at 5:15 pm.