Genealogy Club of Newtown Chairperson Audrey DeBlasio will share the pros and cons of planning and participating on a family trip to study one's ancestry during the local club's March 14 gathering. ...Read Full Article
- New Beginnings St Patrick’s Day Event
- Avielle Foundation Promoting Next Two 'BrainStorm' Events
- Former Silvermine Director Offering Landscape Painting Demo, Next SCAN Program
- ‘Container Gardening Inside And Out’ With Town & Country, Bugbee
- Connecticut Authors Reading Series Presenting Poetry, Fiction, And Memoir For March
- ‘Visiting The Land Of Your Ancestors,’ With Genealogy Club Guide
- Benefit To Honor, Memorialize Local NAVY Seal
The next meeting of the Genealogy Club of Newtown will be held Wednesday, December 13, in the lower meeting room of C.H. Booth Library, 25 Main Street.
This month’s meeting will continue the club’s tradition of an annual Christmas party. Several members will give short presentations on the Christmas traditions of their ancestral countries, followed by raffles and drawings.
This year the club has hit the jackpot, with lovely gifts from Ancestry.com, as well as other smaller season-appropriate prizes.
Holiday refreshments will also be served.
“This is always a fun gathering, and we look forward to our holiday send-off,” said longtime member Bea Morgan.
Meetings start promptly at 7, but those planning to attend are also invited to arrive early to meet with club members, and begin enjoying refreshments.
In addition to hosting the club’s meetings, Booth Library continues to house a Genealogy Room. The room has relocated to the third floor of the library, and the club will be settling in and fine-tuning the room.
Bea Morgan will return to the room on Mondays between 2 and approximately 4:30 pm, to assist researchers.
Reservations are not needed for club programs, but additional information is available from Ms Morgan, at 203-364-1861.