- Bald Eagle Observation Post At Shepaug Dam Opening Saturday
- Saturday Danbury Music Centre 'Nutcracker' Performances Canceled; Sunday Performance Added
- NewArts ‘Christmas Carol’ Wrapping This Weekend
- Ashurst Dancers Capture Regional Titles At Oireachtas; Top Ten Spots Also Earned
- Connecticut Choral Society To Open Holiday Series With Newtown Performance
- Christmas Sale Underway At Abbey Of Regina Laudis
- Newtown Well Represented In Golden Anniversary Presentation Of DMC ‘Nutcracker’
The next meeting of the Genealogy Club of Newtown will be held Wednesday, December 13, in the lower meeting room of C.H. Booth Library, 25 Main Street.
This month’s meeting will continue the club’s tradition of an annual Christmas party. Several members will give short presentations on the Christmas traditions of their ancestral countries, followed by raffles and drawings.
This year the club has hit the jackpot, with lovely gifts from Ancestry.com, as well as other smaller season-appropriate prizes.
Holiday refreshments will also be served.
“This is always a fun gathering, and we look forward to our holiday send-off,” said longtime member Bea Morgan.
Meetings start promptly at 7, but those planning to attend are also invited to arrive early to meet with club members, and begin enjoying refreshments.
In addition to hosting the club’s meetings, Booth Library continues to house a Genealogy Room. The room has relocated to the third floor of the library, and the club will be settling in and fine-tuning the room.
Bea Morgan will return to the room on Mondays between 2 and approximately 4:30 pm, to assist researchers.
Reservations are not needed for club programs, but additional information is available from Ms Morgan, at 203-364-1861.