- Trails At Cherry Grove Farm Are Ready For Public Use
- Lisa Unleashed: Return To Cherry Grove Farm On Horseback
- Runners Enjoy Cool Weather In Rooster Run
- Auto Thefts On The Rise; Police Chief Offers Advice
- Relay For Life Lights Up The Night For ‘A Brighter Tomorrow’
- Head O’ Meadow Celebrates End Of The School Year, Retiring Principal
- New Warden In Charge At Garner Prison
UPDATE (Tuesday, December 20): The ornaments have sold out at both Julie Allen Bridals and Queen Street Gifts & Treats.
Julie Allen Bridals and Queen Street Gifts & Treats are both selling ornaments that depict scenes from Newtown to raise money for the Newtown Lions Club’s Sandy Hook Elementary Fund.
The ornaments are $20 each, and all of the proceeds will benefit the fund.
The fund, according to the Newtown Lions Club website, raises money for mental health care counseling for those still recovering from the events of 12/14.
Lauren Morehouse, manager at Julie Allen Bridals, said she organized the fundraiser for the fund after seeing ornaments created by Art Studio Company this past summer. The glass ornaments, painted from the inside, show buildings like Trinity Episcopal Church, Newtown Meeting House, and Edmond Town Hall.
“They are perfect for gifting,” said Ms Morehouse.
Each ornament comes in a black velvet box with a description, and each is hand painted. The ornaments will be on sale while supplies last. Julie Allen Bridals is at 154 South Main Street, and Queen Street Gifts & Treats is at 3 Queen Street.