- New Government Sworn Into Office
- An Open Invitation To Enjoy Thanksgiving With New Friends
- Nighthawks Compete In Swimming State Open
- Newtown Police Named In Traffic Stop Data Analysis
- Holiday Festival, A Benefit Event For NYFS, Returning To Main Street First Sunday In December
- Property Owner Challenges Conservation Easement
- Lisa Unleashed: Does California’s Puppy Mill Ban Really Help Dogs?
UPDATE (Tuesday, December 20): The ornaments have sold out at both Julie Allen Bridals and Queen Street Gifts & Treats.
Julie Allen Bridals and Queen Street Gifts & Treats are both selling ornaments that depict scenes from Newtown to raise money for the Newtown Lions Club’s Sandy Hook Elementary Fund.
The ornaments are $20 each, and all of the proceeds will benefit the fund.
The fund, according to the Newtown Lions Club website, raises money for mental health care counseling for those still recovering from the events of 12/14.
Lauren Morehouse, manager at Julie Allen Bridals, said she organized the fundraiser for the fund after seeing ornaments created by Art Studio Company this past summer. The glass ornaments, painted from the inside, show buildings like Trinity Episcopal Church, Newtown Meeting House, and Edmond Town Hall.
“They are perfect for gifting,” said Ms Morehouse.
Each ornament comes in a black velvet box with a description, and each is hand painted. The ornaments will be on sale while supplies last. Julie Allen Bridals is at 154 South Main Street, and Queen Street Gifts & Treats is at 3 Queen Street.