- Residents Preparing This Year’s Crop Of Entries For Connecticut Flower & Garden Show
- ‘Nighthawks Challenge’ Obstacle Course Fundraiser Slated For March 11
- Hunters Ridge Seeking Sewage Service Beyond Town’s Capacity
- Occhipinti Wins Title, Zeller Second In State Wrestling Championships
- Weather Service Winter Storm Warning Covers Entire State; 5-9 Inches Of Snow Possible For Newtown
- Cherry Grove Farm Preservation Within NFA’s Sight
- Longtime Residents Of Newtown: The Watts Family
UPDATE (Tuesday, December 20): The ornaments have sold out at both Julie Allen Bridals and Queen Street Gifts & Treats.
Julie Allen Bridals and Queen Street Gifts & Treats are both selling ornaments that depict scenes from Newtown to raise money for the Newtown Lions Club’s Sandy Hook Elementary Fund.
The ornaments are $20 each, and all of the proceeds will benefit the fund.
The fund, according to the Newtown Lions Club website, raises money for mental health care counseling for those still recovering from the events of 12/14.
Lauren Morehouse, manager at Julie Allen Bridals, said she organized the fundraiser for the fund after seeing ornaments created by Art Studio Company this past summer. The glass ornaments, painted from the inside, show buildings like Trinity Episcopal Church, Newtown Meeting House, and Edmond Town Hall.
“They are perfect for gifting,” said Ms Morehouse.
Each ornament comes in a black velvet box with a description, and each is hand painted. The ornaments will be on sale while supplies last. Julie Allen Bridals is at 154 South Main Street, and Queen Street Gifts & Treats is at 3 Queen Street.