During the C.H. Booth Library’s Music Dynamics class, on February 9, children ages 2-6 and their adult partners participated in a variety of energetic offerings. One more offering of the class is scheduled for the end of this week. ...Read Full Article
- ‘The History Of Ferris Farm,’ February 27 With Garden Club
- Parent Connection Spring Fundraiser To Have Hollywood Theme
- Music Dynamics Class Engages Children In Interactive Play
- NICE Host Families Needed For March Delegations
- Ben’s Lighthouse House Concert Series To Continue With Mother-Daughter Performance
- ‘The Art And Mechanics Of Underwater Floral Design’
- Someday Cinema Series Offering Will Put Spotlight On The Classic Frustrations Of Teen Lust And Love
On Saturday, March 3, from 10 am to 2 pm, in the Meeting Room of the C.H. Booth Library, tweens and teens ages 10 and older will have the opportunity to learn how to become responsible and confident babysitters. This opportunity will provide youth who are planning to babysit the skills and knowledge to safely and responsibly care for children and infants.
In this Introduction to Babysitting course, participants will develop leadership and communication skills, study the ages and stages of young babies and toddlers, and learn safety and first aid basics, as well as what to do in the case of an emergency. They will also learn child care skills including feeding and diapering. A simple test will be administered at the completion of the course and certificates will be distributed.
The instructor, Amanda Tucker, has taught kindergarten and is currently a second grade teacher. She holds three teacher certifications including early childhood, general education, and special education and a master’s degree in literacy. Ms Tucker has taught this course at several local libraries and comes highly recommended.
The class is geared for those of babysitting age but has important information that would be helpful to younger tweens looking for jobs as mothers’ helpers. Light refreshments will be provided.
The class is free, but space is limited, so register early at chboothlibrary.org.