- CROP Walk: Seeking To End World Hunger, One Step At A Time
- Someday Cinema Series To Present ‘Vertigo’ and ‘High Anxiety’
- Newtown Forward Presents Free Screening Of ‘A Plastic Ocean’ At WCSU
- Newtown Forward To Present Free Screening Of ‘A Plastic Ocean’ At WCSU
- CHB Foundation Announces Fundraising Pet Photo Contest
- Weekend Tag Sale Will Raise Funds For St Rose Memorial Bell Garden
- Candy Collection For Main Street At Big Y
Congregation Adath Israel of Newtown is inviting area residents and those in surrounding communities to join members on Sunday, April 2, at 2 pm, for a talk, along with highlights from the documentary, My Italian Secret: The Forgotten Heroes, about Italians who were instrumental in saving many innocent lives during the Holocaust.
Vincent Marmorale, president of the Italy and the Holocaust, Inc Foundation for My Italian Secret, will be speaking and presenting a portion of the documentary.
My Italian Secret captures the story of brave Italians, including Gino Bartali, the famous cycling champion, who defied the Nazis and Fascists to hide, rescue, and protect thousands of innocent Jewish people and others in Italy during the Holocaust. The film is narrated by Isabella Rossellini with Robert Loggia as the voice of Gino Bartali.
Light refreshments will be served. The event is free, although donations will be accepted. Copies of the documentary on DVD will be available for purchase. It can also be seen on Netflix.
Congregation Adath Israel of Newtown is at 115 Huntingtown Road. For additional information, send e-mail to Jodi Markowsky at email@example.com.