Two Newtown artists and one from Oxford will be featured in the inaugural exhibition at The Gallery, a new addition to the Brookfield Theatre for the Arts, as it celebrates its 60th anniversary season....Read Full Article
- Turkey Trot Road Restrictions For Thanksgiving Day
- Settling In For Winter, Next Sunday At The Sanctuary Program
- Library Planning For Annual Holiday Sale
- Yoga Dimensions Holiday Yogathon To Benefit Women’s Center Of Greater Danbury
- Upcoming Yoga Mat Art Show Scheduled For December
- Conn. Authors Reading Series Turning To European Landscapes For Nov. 18 Event
- Woman’s Club To Welcome Rossiter For Encore Author Program
Through July 31, Anne Marie Foran, Newtown artist and designer, is displaying many of her newest oil paintings in the meeting room of Cyrenius H. Booth Library, 25 Main Street.
Titled “Renascence,” or reawakening, the show introduces 26 of her most recent works (one is shown above), all of which evoke a new perspective of the natural world. Among them is “Cascade,” which this year won first prize in a juried art show at Washington Art Association.
Admired for her sensitive and often striking rendering of color and form, the paintings capture the imagination.
Ms Foran studied fine arts at Marymount Manhattan College in New York and has continued at Washington Art Association with numerous professional artists/teachers. This year she became director of The Gallery of The Brookfield Theatre for the Arts, which features a variety of works by established and emerging artists from around Connecticut and beyond.
The artist’s reception for “Renascence” will be on Saturday, July 22, from 2 to 4 pm, at the library, 25 Main Street. The exhibition can be viewed any time the library is open, with the meeting room is not otherwise in use: Monday through Thursday, 9:30 am-8 pm; Friday, 11 am-5 pm; and Saturday, 9:30 am-5 pm (the library is closed on Sundays during the summer).
For more information, call 203-426-4533.