Two Newtown artists and one from Oxford will be featured in the inaugural exhibition at The Gallery, a new addition to the Brookfield Theatre for the Arts, as it celebrates its 60th anniversary season....Read Full Article
- Town Players Reveal 2018 Season, Update Website
- Woman’s Club To Host Local Author Verna For Next Afternoon Tea Event
- Multimedia Artist, Group President To Present Next SCAN Program
- Garden Planning For Frosty Months, Tuesday With Garden Club
- Connecticut Choral Society Spring Auditions Scheduled
- Late Addition To NFA Calendar: Family Fun Hike, Saturday
- Hometown Foundation Benefit Planned To Honor Memory Of Fallen SEAL, Brookfield Native
Through July 31, Anne Marie Foran, Newtown artist and designer, is displaying many of her newest oil paintings in the meeting room of Cyrenius H. Booth Library, 25 Main Street.
Titled “Renascence,” or reawakening, the show introduces 26 of her most recent works (one is shown above), all of which evoke a new perspective of the natural world. Among them is “Cascade,” which this year won first prize in a juried art show at Washington Art Association.
Admired for her sensitive and often striking rendering of color and form, the paintings capture the imagination.
Ms Foran studied fine arts at Marymount Manhattan College in New York and has continued at Washington Art Association with numerous professional artists/teachers. This year she became director of The Gallery of The Brookfield Theatre for the Arts, which features a variety of works by established and emerging artists from around Connecticut and beyond.
The artist’s reception for “Renascence” will be on Saturday, July 22, from 2 to 4 pm, at the library, 25 Main Street. The exhibition can be viewed any time the library is open, with the meeting room is not otherwise in use: Monday through Thursday, 9:30 am-8 pm; Friday, 11 am-5 pm; and Saturday, 9:30 am-5 pm (the library is closed on Sundays during the summer).
For more information, call 203-426-4533.