Kay Sheldon, founder and past president of Swedish Ancestry Research Association (SARA) of Worcester, Mass., will be the guest speaker at the next Genealogy Club of Newtown meeting, on April 11. ...Read Full Article
- Asbury To Be Guest Artist For Next SCAN Program
- Town Players To Host ‘Dancing At Lughnasa’ Auditions
- Residents Invited To Celebrate Birthday Of Newtown Benefactress
- Choral Society To Begin Rehearsals, Invites New Members
- 7th Annual Newtown Arts Festival One Month Away
- NewArts ‘Newsies’ Continues To Welcome Celebrity Visitors
- Two Coyotes Wilderness School Announces Fall Program Offerings
The next meeting of the Genealogy Club of Newtown will be Wednesday, May 9, in the lower meeting room of C.H. Booth Library, 25 Main Street.
This month’s guest speaker is Marian Wood, whose subject will be “Find Clues, Find Answers — The Genealogical Proof Standard.”
To go from clues to answers for the toughest family history challenges, genealogists learn to apply the Genealogical Proof Standard (GPS). Ms Wood’s demonstration will show how to arrive at a solid conclusion by defining and researching the question, citing sources, analyzing and correlating dates, and resolving conflicts, thus answering the research question. After seeing GPS in action, guests will have practical new ideas for turning clues into real conclusions.
Marian Wood is a member of the Genealogy Club of Newtown. She is a textbook author, an avid genealogy researcher, and a frequent speaker for genealogy clubs and at conferences.
She earned a BA from City College of New York, and an MBS from Long Island University of New York.
She is also the author of a popular genealogy book, Planning A Future For Your Family’s Past.
Genealogy Club meetings start promptly at 7, but light refreshments are served and networking begins earlier. All are welcome.
For additional information contact Bea Morgan at 203-304-1861 or the library, 203-426-4533.