- Girls’ Hockey Team Caps Season With Victory
- Newtown Educators Stand Together For Parkland Educators
- Jr Newtown Action Alliance To Hold Community Vigil To #StandWithParkland
- Local Letter Writers Send Words Of Support And Change Through Moms Demand Action
- Swim Team Gets Two Pool Records In Win Over Barlow
- Boys’ Basketball Team Qualifies For SWC Tourney With Win Over Stratford
- Trumbull Man Discovers Family Link To Newtown Founders
The No. 19 Newtown High School field hockey team went on the road and blanked No. 14 Southington 4-0 in the Class L state tournament qualifying round, on November 6.
With the win, the Nighthawks earn the right to take on third-seeded Greenwich, also on the road, in the Wednesday, November 8, first round, beginning at 2 pm.
Katie Dirga opened the scoring. Rylee Harrell, assisted by Kaitlyn Reilly, made it 2-0. Kat Trammel and Meaghan Lynn added cage-finders for the Hawks.
Gigi Marino played in goal and had a great save during a one-on-one situation in which she came out to cut off the Southington opportunity. Rebecca Filiato made her first goaltending appearance in a varsity game late in the second half.