- Softball, Baseball, And Lacrosse Teams Fall In Championship Games
- First-Time Champions! Volleyball Team Beats Barlow For SWC Title
- Nighthawks Slug Their Way Into Championship Rematch With Bethel
- Softball Team Overcomes Barlow in SWC Semifinal
- NHS Spikers Conclude Unbeaten Regular Season And Head Into Championship Match
- Baseball Team Steals Win In SWC Quarterfinals
- Boys' Lacrosse Team, Behind Garrity's Double Hat-Trick, Advances To Conference Title Game
Coming off a season-opening 5-1 loss to nonconference foe Ridgefield on September 11, Newtown High School’s field hockey team had a quick turnaround and made the most of it with a 3-1 victory over South-West Conference rival Weston in another road contest the next day.
In the Ridgefield game, Danielle Samson set up Jordan Stofko for the Newtown goal. Kaitlyn Riley played a great game defensively, Newtown Coach Stephanie Kearns said.
Against Weston, Alison Kelleher crossed the ball in the circle to Emma Schmid-Tharnish who lifted the ball into the goal, and Rylee Harrell and Kelleher also hit the back of the cage. Defensively, Camryn Griffin played a strong game, and Kelleher had a few shots on goal and played a strong game for the Nighthawks, Kearns said.
Newtown will host New Milford at Blue & Gold Stadium on Tuesday, September 19, beginning at 7 pm, then entertain Weston in a rematch, at Treadwell Park on Friday, September 22, at 4 pm.