- Field Hockey Team Beaten By New Milford
- NHS And Barlow Volleyball Teams Go Five Games Again
- Boys’ Soccer Team Blanks Bethel In Heated Battle And New Fairfield To Stay Unbeaten
- Newtown High Swimming And Diving Team Posts Victories
- Fast Starts Key To Girls' Soccer Team Success
- Newtown High Sports End Of Week Recap
- Nighthawk Volleyball Team Tops Rival Barlow In Five Games
Coming off a season-opening 5-1 loss to nonconference foe Ridgefield on September 11, Newtown High School’s field hockey team had a quick turnaround and made the most of it with a 3-1 victory over South-West Conference rival Weston in another road contest the next day.
In the Ridgefield game, Danielle Samson set up Jordan Stofko for the Newtown goal. Kaitlyn Riley played a great game defensively, Newtown Coach Stephanie Kearns said.
Against Weston, Alison Kelleher crossed the ball in the circle to Emma Schmid-Tharnish who lifted the ball into the goal, and Rylee Harrell and Kelleher also hit the back of the cage. Defensively, Camryn Griffin played a strong game, and Kelleher had a few shots on goal and played a strong game for the Nighthawks, Kearns said.
Newtown will host New Milford at Blue & Gold Stadium on Tuesday, September 19, beginning at 7 pm, then entertain Weston in a rematch, at Treadwell Park on Friday, September 22, at 4 pm.