- Former NHS Coach Ken Roberts Reflects On Memories At Blue & Gold Stadium
- Boys' Soccer Team Wins
- Field Hockey Team Blanks Warde
- Girls' Soccer Team Beats Barlow, And Finds Silver Lining In First Loss
- Champions! Boys Win Cross Country Title And Girls Place Third
- Swim Team Caps Regular Season With Victories
- NHS Girls’ Volleyball Team Spikes Opponents And Breast Cancer
Newtown High School’s field hockey team had tough test against visiting South-West Conference foe New Milford, under the lights at Blue & Gold Stadium on September 19. New Milford scored all of its goals in the first half for a 3-0 win.
The Nighthawks dropped to 1-2 and the Green Wave improved to 3-1.
New Milford scored twice in a span of 2:03 less than ten minutes into the game, the first goal coming off a penalty corner insert and subsequent crisp passing sequence.
The Hawks called timeout and started to control the ball more after resuming play. They started to generate some chances, with Jordan Stofko making a run up the left wing to create a scoring opportunity and Ali Kelleher, Emma Schmid-Tharnish, and Katherine Trammel all battling for the ball in front of the New Milford cage in one sequence.
The Green Wave added to its lead with just 50 seconds remaining in the opening half. Both defenses locked down in the second half.
Newtown will host Weston at Treadwell Park on Friday, September 22, beginning at 4 pm.