- NHS Field Hockey, Volleyball, And Soccer Recap
- Football Team Earns Second Shutout Of Season
- Hawk Gridders Ready For Home Opener Following Setback To Xavier
- Youth Basketball Registration
- Field Hockey Team Beaten By New Milford
- NHS And Barlow Volleyball Teams Go Five Games Again
- Boys’ Soccer Team Blanks Bethel In Heated Battle And New Fairfield To Stay Unbeaten
Newtown fencer Elliot Siegel, 16, competed in the USA Summer Nationals Division III Men’s Foil, in Salt Lake City, Utah, on July 7, and tied for third place overall.
Siegel finished in the top 25 percent in the Connecticut State qualifier to reach the national competition.
There were 142 competitors in Division III men’s foil. Siegel won five of six bouts in the pool part of the event (five touches for a win), and won four direct elimination bouts (15 touches to win) to tie for third overall.
A member of the Candlewood Fencing Center in Danbury, Siegel’s coaches are Jeremy Goun and Tom Ciccarone. Siegel has been fencing for three-and-a-half years. Siegel attends Hopkins school, and will be a junior this coming year.