- Volleyball Team Stays Unbeaten, Clinches State Playoff Berth
- Lace Up Your Sneakers — Upcoming Races Announced
- Nighthawk Laxmen Pull Away Against Pomperaug And Win Close One Over Simsbury
- Girls' Lacrosse Team Battles In Nail-Biting Losses
- Wild(cat) Win: Baseball Team Walks Off Against Bethel
- Sometimes Hard-Fought Losses Are Better Than Lopsided Wins
- NHS Girls’ Lacrosse Team Defeats Conference Rivals With Ease
Newtown fencer Elliot Siegel, 16, competed in the USA Summer Nationals Division III Men’s Foil, in Salt Lake City, Utah, on July 7, and tied for third place overall.
Siegel finished in the top 25 percent in the Connecticut State qualifier to reach the national competition.
There were 142 competitors in Division III men’s foil. Siegel won five of six bouts in the pool part of the event (five touches for a win), and won four direct elimination bouts (15 touches to win) to tie for third overall.
A member of the Candlewood Fencing Center in Danbury, Siegel’s coaches are Jeremy Goun and Tom Ciccarone. Siegel has been fencing for three-and-a-half years. Siegel attends Hopkins school, and will be a junior this coming year.