- Paddle 4 Peace To Honor Sandy Hook Teachers
- Tribe Mud For Brains Powers Through Tough Mudder To Benefit Avielle Foundation
- Daniel Barden Mudfest Brings Community Together, Year After Year
- One Eyed Cats Win Another State Title
- Fencer Elliot Siegel Foils The Competition In National Tourney
- Father-Son Tandem Helps Lacrosse Team To Title Game
- Swinging For State Tournament Success — Admirals Head Into Playoffs On High Note
Newtown fencer Elliot Siegel, 16, competed in the USA Summer Nationals Division III Men’s Foil, in Salt Lake City, Utah, on July 7, and tied for third place overall.
Siegel finished in the top 25 percent in the Connecticut State qualifier to reach the national competition.
There were 142 competitors in Division III men’s foil. Siegel won five of six bouts in the pool part of the event (five touches for a win), and won four direct elimination bouts (15 touches to win) to tie for third overall.
A member of the Candlewood Fencing Center in Danbury, Siegel’s coaches are Jeremy Goun and Tom Ciccarone. Siegel has been fencing for three-and-a-half years. Siegel attends Hopkins school, and will be a junior this coming year.