- Turkey Trot Road Restrictions For Thanksgiving Day
- Unified Sports Provides Opportunity For Students To Grow
- BOE Celebrates Unified Sports Leaders
- Nighthawks Sign National Letters Of Intent To Play In College
- Western Connecticut Hockey Program Hosts Rangers Alumni Assist Game
- Online Registration For Turkey Trot Ends Nov. 18; In-Person Sessions Nov. 21-22
- Newtown High Records Set In State Swim Championships
Newtown fencer Elliot Siegel, 16, competed in the USA Summer Nationals Division III Men’s Foil, in Salt Lake City, Utah, on July 7, and tied for third place overall.
Siegel finished in the top 25 percent in the Connecticut State qualifier to reach the national competition.
There were 142 competitors in Division III men’s foil. Siegel won five of six bouts in the pool part of the event (five touches for a win), and won four direct elimination bouts (15 touches to win) to tie for third overall.
A member of the Candlewood Fencing Center in Danbury, Siegel’s coaches are Jeremy Goun and Tom Ciccarone. Siegel has been fencing for three-and-a-half years. Siegel attends Hopkins school, and will be a junior this coming year.