Full listing of public events planned for the historic building at 45 Main Street, Newtown....Read Full Article
- What's At Edmond Town Hall (full listing including movie listings and special events)
- June 22-28, 2018: "Black Panther," Rally For Humanity and "Jaws"
- June 15-21, 2018: "Dance Fantasy: The Show," "I Feel Pretty," Brainstorm Experience with Jane Pauley and Longest Day/Newtown Bridge Club Fundraiser
- June 8-14, 2018: One-Act Plays Festival, "Evolved" Dance Recitals, NCCB Spring Recitals and "Lady Bird"
- June 1-7, 2018: Lathrop School of Dance Stardust Revue, Rabies Clinic, #WearOrange March & Rally and "Molly's Game"
- May 25-31, 2018: "Game Night," Senior Center Mural Workshops and "The Maltese Falcon"
- May 18-23, 2018: "I Can Only Imagine" and "The Post"
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 23-WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 28
Rated PG * running time 1:53
Starring Julia Roberts, Owen Wilson, Jacob Tremblay & Izabela Vldovic
($2 for senior citizens at Tuesday matinee)
Screenings Friday and Saturday, 7 & 9:20 pm;
Sunday, Monday and Wednesday, 7 pm;
matinees Saturday and Sunday, 1 & 4 pm
A young boy (Tremblay) suffering from a rare facial deformity finds himself having to face the real world when his parents (Roberts and Wilson) enroll him in a private school for the first time in this emotional, funny and uplifting story.
* * * * *
THURSDAY, MARCH 1
SOMEDAY CINEMA SERIES:
Rated R * running time 1:70
Starring Jacques Perrin, Philippe Noiret & Salvatore Cascio
Screenings at 2 and 7 pm
A filmmaker (Perrin) recalls his childhood when falling in love with the pictures at the cinema of his home village and forms a deep friendship with the cinema’s projectionist (Noiret) in this Academy Award winning film that will serve as the next offering in Newtown Cultural Arts Commission’s ongoing Someday Cinema Series. NOTE this film is in Italian with English subtitles.