While most emergency responders to suspected opioid overdoses, including Newtown Police officers, carry an opioid-reversing drug administered via a nasal applicator, anyone who is concerned about a possible addict in their household can now purchase an injectable version of the drug over the counter. That concerns local emergency physician William Begg, MD. (CDC photo)...Read Full Article
- Ridgefield Is First Of Four Stops On The Renaissance ‘Symphonic Journey’ Tour
- Newtown Bee Candidates Forum
- Sandy Hook Memorial Moved To Bristol
- Design Submissions Sought; Digital Tours To Come
- Champions! Boys Win Cross Country Title And Girls Place Third
- Newtown Man Charged In Fatal Summer Boating Collision
- Swim Team Caps Regular Season With Victories
The 2017 Family Fun Night offered by Newtown Parent Connection and Newtown Prevention Council, scheduled for Friday night at Reed Intermediate School, has been canceled.
Newtown Parent Connection Co-Founder Dorrie Carolan made the announcement Tuesday morning, citing “low registration numbers” for the annual event.
Ms Carolan promised, however, that organizers would try again next year.
Those who had made reservations for the September 22 event will receive refunds, Ms Carolan said. Anyone with questions is encouraged to contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family Fun Night offers families the opportunity to enjoy a pasta dinner together, with music and dancing, games, snacks and other events meant to celebrate family time and the importance of relationships. Attendees are encouraged to put their cellphones away during the event, to focus on their family and those around them.