- VNA Newtown Planning Centennial Celebration
- Newtown Getting Hefty CIRMA Distribution
- First-Time Author's Story Shares The Power Of A Simple Act Of Kindness; Author Program Saturday At Library
- Dog Days Of Summer In Full Swing At Town Dog Park
- Tie-Dyeing Makes For A Colorful Time At The Library
- Here Is How Newtown's Primary Votes Stacked Up
- Survivors From Sandy Hook, Parkland Joined Together For 'Road To Change' Rally
The 2017 Family Fun Night offered by Newtown Parent Connection and Newtown Prevention Council, scheduled for Friday night at Reed Intermediate School, has been canceled.
Newtown Parent Connection Co-Founder Dorrie Carolan made the announcement Tuesday morning, citing “low registration numbers” for the annual event.
Ms Carolan promised, however, that organizers would try again next year.
Those who had made reservations for the September 22 event will receive refunds, Ms Carolan said. Anyone with questions is encouraged to contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family Fun Night offers families the opportunity to enjoy a pasta dinner together, with music and dancing, games, snacks and other events meant to celebrate family time and the importance of relationships. Attendees are encouraged to put their cellphones away during the event, to focus on their family and those around them.