- Here Is How Newtown's Primary Votes Stacked Up
- Survivors From Sandy Hook, Parkland Joined Together For 'Road To Change' Rally
- Newtown Fund Launches Summer Appeal
- Hearings Begin On Drive-Through Window Service For Eateries
- Aquifer Protection Endorsement Conveyed For Industrial Project
- Avielle Foundation Celebrates New Home
- Police Reports | July 17-August 6, 2018
An 86-year-old female pedestrian who was struck by a compact SUV on Sunday, January 21, in the parking lot at St Rose of Lima Church at 46 Church Hill Road, while she was walking to church, was listed in good condition midday on Monday, January 22, in Danbury Hospital.
Police said that the Sandy Hook woman was hurt in the incident, sustaining an injury to her head. The Newtown Volunteer Ambulance Corps transported her to the hospital following the 8:56 am incident, police said.
Police report that a 2003 Honda Element SUV driven by Mark Swenson, 62, of Southbury, was pulling into the parking lot, and due to sun glare conditions, the vehicle then struck the woman. Mr Swenson was not injured, police said.
Police are investigating the accident. They ask anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information about it to contact investigating Officer Felicia Figol at the police station at 3 Main Street, telephone 203-426-5841.