- Proposed Development Will Negatively Affect Entire Town
- Volunteer Firefighters Provide Great Value To Our Community
- Ensure Protection In All Schools
- Do We Really Need More Traffic?
- Is The Gun Lobby Really Stronger Than Common Sense?
- An Insensible Proposal
- Loss Of Music Teacher Position Is Unwelcomed News
To The Editor:
I am writing this letter to endorse Judit DeStefano for re-election to the Newtown Legislative Council representing District 1. As a current member of the Board of Finance, I have followed Judit’s work on the Legislative Council in regard to many of the key fiscal matters for our community. I have found that Judit is a true independent thinker and a tenacious challenger. She contests the status quo and is not afraid to be vocal while in the minority on an issue. I find this unencumbered approach refreshing and important when seeking the best solutions to some of our town’s biggest challenges.
I believe Judit’s two years of experience in her prior term will prove invaluable in her efforts as she continues to listen to constituents, support education, manage the tax burden, and collaborate with other board members for the most creative solutions. I hope Newtown’s District 1 joins me in voting for Judit DeStefano to Legislative Council on November 7.
Aaron Carlson, Newtown Board of Finance
2 Old Farm Hill Road, Newtown October 31, 2017