- What's At Edmond Town Hall (full listing)
- October 13-19, 2017: "Dunkirk" and NFoM Finale: Brentano and Daedalus Quartets
- October 6-12, 2017: "All Saints" and Newtown Honors: Juliano & St Jean
- September 29-October 5, 2017: "Baby Driver"
- September 22-28, 2017: "Maudie" and "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory"
- September 15-21, 2017: "Wonder Woman" and Hurricane Harvey Movie Event Fundraiser
- September 8-14, 2017: "War For The Planet of The Apes," Joni Mitchell Jazz Tribute and Claremont Trio
Saturday, December 17 (ETH THeatre): A Christmas Carol, the Musical, performances 3 and 8 pm, tickets $12-$28, fully staged musical featuring students of Sabrina’s Encore Productions LLC; 203-304-1235, sabrinasnewtown.com.
* * * * * *
Sunday, December 18 (Lathrop School of Dance, lower level): 3 pm, Gentle Yoga by Candlelight, free, 90-minute class of gentle yoga and journaling led by Alisa Wissel (One Love Yoga), suitable for all levels, BYO journal and pen, tea and light snacks to follow, reservations required; 203-426-5757, diane@lathropschoolofdance.
* * * * **
Sunday, December 18
Screenings 4 & 7 pm
Starring Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Rosemary Clooney & Vera-Ellen
A successful song-and-dance team (Crosby and Kaye) become romantically involved with a sister act (Clooney and Vera-Ellen) and team up to save the failing Vermont inn of their former commanding general. This film will continue Newtown Cultural Arts Commission’s ongoing Sunday Cinema Series/Classic Cinema Series.
*Both screenings are free of charge, courtesy of Ingersoll Auto of Newtown. Read more here: Sunday Cinema Series Continues With Free Screenings Of ‘White Christmas’
* * * * *
Sunday, December 18-Friday, December 23
Screenings Monday through Thursday, 7 pm; Friday 7 & 9 pm;
matinees Sunday and Tuesday, 1 pm
Rated PG-13 * running time 1:36
All tickets $3
Starring Tom Hanks, Aaron Eckhart & Laura Linney
A special return engagement, Sully tells the story of a heroic emergency landing on the Hudson River in 2009 by an airline pilot (Hanks), whose actions come under the scrutiny of the National Transportation Safety Board.