- Papa Al’s A Family Business Is A Family Favorite
- Business Buzz: Labels Plus Tags Opens In Sandy Hook
- We didn’t have any luck — or we should say our readers didn’t have any luck — with last week’s challenge, so we are offering it again this week, with a hint: If you are having a hard time reading the writing over the front door of this part
- Tag-A-Gift To Brighten Christmas For Newtown’s Children
- Animal Center Dogs Need Homes
- Adopt From Kitten Associates
- As Black Friday Shades Thursday
Conn. Medical Marijuana Business Group Discussed
HARTFORD (AP) – Advocates of Connecticut’s new medical marijuana law are considering whether to start a business alliance for entrepreneurs and others interested in getting involved in the initiative.
An organizational meeting of the proposed Connecticut Medical Cannabis Business Alliance took place Tuesday at the Legislative Office Building in Hartford.
Erik Williams, executive director of Connecticut NORML, which pushed for legalizing medical marijuana in the state, led the meeting. Williams wants to gauge whether there’s interest in starting a business alliance that would be modeled after a similar group in Colorado.
The state Department of Consumer Protection has until July 1 to submit proposed regulations to the General Assembly about how the drug will be dispensed and other details. The program is expected to be up and running by late 2013.