- Former NHS Coach Ken Roberts Reflects On Memories At Blue & Gold Stadium
- Boys' Soccer Team Wins
- Field Hockey Team Blanks Warde
- Girls' Soccer Team Beats Barlow, And Finds Silver Lining In First Loss
- Champions! Boys Win Cross Country Title And Girls Place Third
- Swim Team Caps Regular Season With Victories
- NHS Girls’ Volleyball Team Spikes Opponents And Breast Cancer
Newtown High School’s boys’ soccer team won 2-0 over visiting Weston on September 28, then saw their winning ways come to an end in a 2-1 setback at New Milford on October 3.
Thomas Skrelja and Rilind Limani scored and Skrelja had an assist. Goalkeeper CJ Trivers made five saves.
Against New Milford, Brendan O’Hara scored and Trivers made ten saves but it wasn’t enough to prevent the Nighthawks from suffering their first loss of the campaign.
he Hawks carried a record of 7-1-1 into a Thursday, October 5 visit from Pomperaug of Southbury, at 7 pm. Newtown will have some tough games coming up, with visits to unbeaten South-West Conference foes Masuk of Monroe and Joel Barlow of Redding on Tuesday, October 10, at 7 pm, and Thursday, October 12, at 4 pm, respectively.