- Girls’ Lacrosse Team Holds Off Rebels To Advance To Championship Game
- Runners Enjoy Scenic Holcombe Hill 5K Course
- Roche’s Pitching And Lombardo’s Clutch Hit Propel Hawk Sluggers
- Hawks Overcome By Bad Luck And Strong Green Wave effort In SWC Softball Quarterfinals
- Boys’ Volleyball Team Clinches First Postseason Berth With Win Over Ludlowe
- Hawk Laxmen Survive Scare From Green Wave
- Lacrosse Girls Beat Bethel (And The Heat) In Playoff Opener
Newtown High School’s boys’ basketball team, playing its second game in as many nights – and coming off its first win of the campaign – got off to a slow start before seeing its second-half comeback effort fall just short in a 45-43 setback to host Stamford, on January 11.
The Nighthawks trailed 38-16 at halftime and held the host Black Knights to just seven points in the second half.
Sam Grossano scored 11 points, Nick Weiland had nine, and Evan Eggleston scored seven to lead the Nighthawks.
“We played a determined and committed second half,” said Newtown Coach Tim Tallcouch, whose team will look to carry the momentum into its Friday, January 13, home game against Kolbe Cathedral of Bridgeport, beginning at 7 pm. The Hawks lost to Kolbe in the Staples Holiday Tournament earlier this season.