Blue Knights Drum and Bugle Corps visited Newtown High School’s Blue & Gold Stadium on Friday, August 4, for a rehearsal day that included a series of practice runs that the public was invited to enjoy. The professional marching band is based out of Denver, Colo., and travels the country during the summertime, performing for crowds of thousands....Read Full Article
- Bald Eagle Observation Post At Shepaug Dam Opening Saturday
- Saturday Danbury Music Centre 'Nutcracker' Performances Canceled; Sunday Performance Added
- NewArts ‘Christmas Carol’ Wrapping This Weekend
- Ashurst Dancers Capture Regional Titles At Oireachtas; Top Ten Spots Also Earned
- Connecticut Choral Society To Open Holiday Series With Newtown Performance
- Christmas Sale Underway At Abbey Of Regina Laudis
- Newtown Well Represented In Golden Anniversary Presentation Of DMC ‘Nutcracker’
Based out of Denver, Colo., the Blue Knights Drum and Bugle Corps have reached the East Coast portion of their three-month national tour. Having gone as west as California and as south as Texas, the Blue Knights make their East Coast debut in New Jersey and Massachusetts and will be making a quick stop in Newtown this week to rehearse.
Newtown resident and Blue Knights Tour Director Ricky Grasso, who this past spring accepted the position of visual captain for the Newtown High School Band Program, will be leading the organization into town on Friday, August 4. He expects the group will be arriving around 2 am.
Following some rest, the professional marching band will begin rehearsing at 9 am at the high school’s Blue & Gold Stadium. Anyone interested in seeing them is encouraged to visit the school grounds, at 12 Berkshire Road, throughout the day.
The main event of the night, when the ensemble begins their final run through of the show, will take place at 8:30 pm. It is free and open to the public.
The Blue Knights includes 150 marching and more 50 staff members, representing 30-plus states and three different countries.
The Blue Knights, according to Mr Grasso, are excited to perform for the Newtown community.